by Annah Grace Morgan, Foundation Director
Since its founding in 1982, Hospice of Marshall County – Shepherd’s Cove has created a legacy of love and compassion for all individuals facing the realities of terminal illness. Our caring and professional staff are happy to be able to provide the physical, spiritual and emotional care people need during such difficult circumstances, regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. In 2015 alone, Shepherd’s Cove Hospice provided almost $409,000 of unreimbursed care. These services were only possible because valued community partners were willing to extend a loving hand of generosity.
Over the years, the ways to give have changed significantly. There are many ways that our generous community can put their compassion into action. We have recently joined the mobile movement. Do you know what the open rate for a text message is? Would you be shocked to find out that SMS open rates exceed 99%? According to a report commissioned by SinglePoint, it was found that text message open rates exceed 99%, and even more shocking is that 90% of all text messages are read within 3 minutes of being received on the mobile phone. The HMC Foundation wants to make it easy for folks to support the legacy of love and service provided to the community by Hospice of Marshall County- Shepherd’s Cove.
Care with Hospice of Marshall County – Shepherd’s Cove is about providing every person with the ability to live their final days as fully as possible. It is about caring for all of those coping with end-of-life issues. Our team is here to help each person enjoy precious moments with loved ones because of the generosity of you, our community. This support extends to family members as Hospice of Marshall County – Shepherd’s Cove helps them cope with their own unique emotional and spiritual concerns. Shepherd’s Cove Hospice has never been satisfied with providing the minimum care required by our certifying bodies. We take our responsibility to “provide exceptional, individualized care for those coping with end-of-life issues” seriously. Many services, like our community bereavement services, legacy gifts, last wish and palliative care program would not exist without the generosity of the community.
A gift of just $10 means-
- One child who has lost a parent will receive grief support through our partnership with the school system! Your gift provides important literature that serves as a tool for these grieving individuals!
- One grieving spouse receives the literature he or she needs to learn to navigate life without their loved one through a life-stage support group.
- One terminally-ill patient in Shepherd’s Cove receives wholesome, home-cooked meals for the day.
- One patient without insurance receives life-giving oxygen in their home for 2.5 days
- One patient without insurance receives 3 days’ worth of medical supplies that improve his quality of life.
I want everyone to pull out their phone. Completing your gift is a 2 step process
1) Text the word [HOPELIVES], that’s [H-O-P-E-L-I-V-E-S] to the number 27722 to make a $10 donation to Hospice of Marshall County- Shepherd’s Cove
2) When prompted, reply to complete your donation.
HOPE comes in different shapes and sizes. Hope during hospice care can mean hope for a pain free day or hope that family will be cared for and financial needs met. Hope after a loss can mean hope that today isn’t as lonely… we don’t know what hope looks like for you. What we do know is that HOPE changes things. Hospice provides a different kind of hope. When we can’t add days to life, we can add life and HOPE to days! and HOPE lives…because of you.