You can make a difference in the lives of our patients and families by volunteering to help care for patients in their home or at our inpatient unit. Direct patient care can include
- making special deliveries to patients,
- sitting with a patient to provide companionship or respite for the caregiver,
- transporting patients/caregivers for appointments or errands,
- helping patients and families create memories with pictures and photo albums,
- providing music,
- providing haircuts,
- assist with basic lawn care,
- reading with patients, and more.
Our direct patient care volunteers often play a major role in the emotional well-being of patients and families by helping staff fulfill patients’ last wishes, honoring veteran patients, and helping families create memories with pictures and photo albums, and other fulfilling work.